INDUSTRIAL AREA LOCAL AUTHORITY (IALA) IN THE INDUSTRIAL PARKS
- In order to enable effective maintenance of civic services in Industrial Parks, the Government has empowered TSIIC with Local Authority status under section 147 of TSPR Act1994, u/s 389-B of TS Municipalities Act, 1965 and u/s 679-F of Hyderabad Municipal Corporation Act, 1955. Most recently, the government issued orders notifying IALAs under the provisions of Article 243Q of Constitution of India (74th Amendment Act.1992) in supersession of IALA notifications issued earlier under GHMC Act 1955 & Municipalities Act 1965 for 24 existing Industrial Area Local Authorities to be an Industrial Townships to function as a separate Local Authorities subject to condition that TSIIC shall remit 35%/50% of the property tax/Revenues collected to the Local Bodies concerned.
- With effect from 1.10.1994 onwards, 86 TSIIC IALAs in 148 Nos. Industrial Parks (Phase wise) falling under Municipalities, Municipal Corporations and Gram Panchayats in the Telangana State are exercising/performing certain statutory powers/functions of local body such as assessment, levy and collection of Property taxes/Advertisement tax, sanction of Building permits, removal of encroachments, management and maintenance of civic services in the industrial parks.
- The Commissioners/Executive officers are nominated as Executive Authority under the relevant Acts to discharge their duties as per the powers delegated by the Government in IALAs/Industrial Townships
- From time to time, the Government has been notifying TSIIC Industrial Parks as IALAs falling under Municipality/Municipal corporation/Gram Panchayats to exercise statutory powers and functions of local body.
- To promote “Local Self-Governance” of the Industrial Areas, TSIIC has evolved the concept of Industrial Areas Service Societies involving the tax payer’s community in the notified Industrial Areas in the Management/Maintenance of Industrial Areas.
- Thus the TSIIC has nominated 44 Nos. of Service Societies as Nodal Agencies to TSIIC Ltd., in respect of 86 Industrial Parks, out of 148 Nos.of Industrial Parks notified by the Government.
- In order to facilitate “Ease of Doing Business”, TSIIC-IALAs (Industrial Area Local Authorities) enabled online services for granting building permission (DPMS) and payment of property tax dues, Road cutting ,water connection fees etc.,